Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Music at Vistara School, Lismore

I have been having a great time with the children at Vistara School. I wake up in the morning with melodies in my mind and I go to sleep with the same or new ones. Our days are full of songs and kīrtan, as each child contributes their best and participates fully in the process of learning the songs and singing their parts. Sometimes I am organising their words into lyrics, sometimes arranging the singing parts for the songs, other times I am rehearsing with the children or talking part in different activities at the School.
We are moving with full speed ahead towards the weekend where we will be recording all of fourteen songs and kīrtans that have been written either by the children or for the children of Vistara. It will be an exquisite record of the schools achievement at this time. I feel very blessed to have this opportunity to have been invited to write the music with the children and participate in this exciting new venture.
My special thanks go to the musicians, film makers, parents, teachers, organisers, and the 'divine planning authority', who is behind it all, making it happen so gracefully. Parents, I am sure you will be astonished when you hear the results as it is really sounding very beautiful. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home